Hey I’m a believer..

I can hear The Monkees singing now, “Then I saw her face. Now I’m a believer”. I know we are all believers. The only problem I see in this area is - agreeing about what kind of believer you are.

I find that Bigfoot has two types of believers. One, that I tend to agree with, is that he is a yet undiscovered mammal. A possible descendant of Gigantopithecus. Other beliefs are more phenomenal. There is a theory that an immortal Bigfoot uses wormholes to travel from other dimensions.

Let’s break it down a bit together.

The flesh and blood Bigfoot is a elusive King of Hiding - no one argues with that on either side.  Many people have seen him, maybe gotten a quick photo, if their lucky. He is LARGE - anywhere from six to ten feet tall, hairy, and has horrible smell you can’t forget - as if you stepped on a skunk’s tail and faced their wrath.

(I’m personally not looking forward to encountering that smell for myself).

Bigfoot is FAST and disappears fast by blending into his environment. I don't believe that he's likely to be hopping back and fourth through time and space like Doctor Who,(I have yet to hear about a sonic screwdriver anywhere) but because of his quick vanishing skills, it may appear that way. This "inter-dimensional" group of believers is fiercely determined to disassociate from any other Bigfoot hypothesis.  I guess I can understand this. Dogmatic personal philosophies are not really debatable.  As for myself, I can believe in the unbelievable as long as it makes sense in the world we know. I am a woman of science at heart and I know we learn new things everyday that we would never have believed was possible twenty years ago.

But if you truly can’t understand why we have no definitive physical proof yet, then the wormhole approach will definitely help fill in those information gaps for you.

There's so much we still don't know about the world we live in.  Bigfoot isn't the only phenomenon to contend with - what about the Jersey Devil, the Moth Man, "Nessie", etc. You get the picture. Do I believe?  I know I want to believe. Humanity can be pretty...well, boring. I want to believe something truly amazing is out there.

Who knows In the end who is going to be right or wrong. Many people think we are ALL crazy and hoaxers. We have that in common. Most importantly, we all love the Squatch. And all believers need to stick together to protect a rare and precious species and to save the forest primeval that Bigfoot calls home.  Otherwise, he won’t be a legend or a myth anymore, he will be extinct. Then no one wins.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...