That Smelly Smell That Smells Smelly

https://youtu.be/cj2rxFS0qDQ

I know, cheesy use of Sponge Bob. But you just can’t help yourself but watch. Twice. Okay, today I’m going to have an awkward post, about the big guys hygiene. Most people say when he has been near. Or left a hair behind. That the smell just can’t be ignored. Some trying not to gag on it. 


That concludes the hardest part of this post. I promise. So we have to wonder if everyone smells that smell. Why doesn’t he wash up a bit in nature’s shower. A river, waterfall, etc. Try and be less noticeable to us? Camouflage that odor a bit? Smell more like the forest. Woodsy and pine. I mean he does make his own soap after all.


I mean if everyone was running around saying omg did you smell that? Right after I went by. Well. I might be offended. 


So that means he may be using that scent for something important . What kind of options are out there for scent? Well. I suppose he could use it for scent marking? Mark his territory from other predators. Communicate to others that they are on his turf. There are large bears, large cats, etc. maybe he is even using it to set as a breadcrumb to get back to a nest? Or tell family where their new nest is. He is known for changing nests often. Could get confusing. 

And what about a defense mechanism? A skunk is not the only animal known to give off odor in defense. There is also gorilla, polecat and bull elephant, just to name a few.

But what else might it be. Hygiene and defense seem the most logical but there may be other things that we have not thought of. Could he scent to compensate for being nervous or threatened. Man is encroaching on every known area they live. Humans sweat and shake when they are nervous or threatened but these mechanisms wouldn’t be very noticeable on an 8 foot tall, hairy figure.

The more humanity encroaches, the more stress we put on their lives. Compare this to your own life to understand what they may feel. I think of my home town. It was a great town. Typical everyone knew who everyone was town. Small schools , lots of trees. Etc. In just a decade I watched trees being mowed down for new homes for city transplants. Old schools closed because they weren’t large enough. Almost every tree is gone now. My heart hurts when I drive through it. I moved to a quieter town for more peace of mind. But this is what humanity does. Takes and takes. Killing our planet. My home, your home. His home. Is there any wonder he may need a possible defense for this. And should we continue to seek him out and encroach on his home? Maybe even causing him to leave the only area he knows. Knowing how much we may miss our old neighborhoods are we really making the right choice revealing his? Exposing them to us? I will let you decide.


My hometown when there was still trees, bushes, and grass. My beautiful aunt in her beautiful backyard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...