What’s in a Name?


I was just thinking to myself. It's a good thing The Big Man probably doesn't suffer from identity crisis. Us humans would have driven him over the edge by now. We have bestowed upon him a different name in every different culture, state, and country.

I've had a few different nicknames in my life. Some were funny. Some you could only say around me while you were running away. But Bigfoot. (which is my favorite name for him) Has well over the 50 names I could rattle off the tip of my tongue.

Is it just the differences in language, locale, and culture that gives him so many different names? Or is it more his appearance and our varied reactions to it that creates them? Do I have to refer to each different name while I'm traveling? I mean, if I was in the Boggy Creek Swamps would I have to yell out. Holy S**t it's the Boggy Creek monster, everybody run? Who has time to get that out? He would be on us before I could even get the name out! 

I think we would probably yell out the most known and heard name in our psyche. I would yell out holy s**t it’s Bigfoot I'm sure. Because starting with my early introduction to him on the television show In Search of In the 70s that is who he is to me. 

But do we need to have all these different names? I mean, he is a global phenomenon. The myth. The legend. So why can't we vote like the planetary society does? And pick one name like that of a planet and just stick with it? 

I mean have you ever read the list of names? Here are just a few:

Bigfoot, Yowie, Yellan, Almas, Almasty, Yeti, Sasquatch, Skunk ape, Boggy Creek Monster, Booger man, The Big Man, Chinese Wild Man. The Hairy Man. Etc. you get my point. So who ageees? It would behove us all to pick one global name. Less confusing we will all know specifically who we are talking about. (Does Bigfoot have a Society to help with such things)?


So, what’s in a name? A lot is in a name. It is how we are referred to for our whole lives. And we should care enough about his confusion to give him one. Just one. Nicknames are great and all but one of his is the Stink Man. Do you want that one? Because he looks thrilled to have it.


I would love to hear what your pick would be. As always you can reach me at:

Bigfootmountain on Facebook and Twitter or at 

Sasysquatchgirl@gmail.com.

I will let everyone know what name was the most suggested.

And if Bigfoot does have a society than point them my way. I have some suggestions 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...