Dancing in the Dark..

Can't start a fire.. Can't start a fire without a spark..


Last night had been a long night of firsts for me. It really tested my mettle. Darkness and I have always had a love/hate relationship. I think the darkness is beautiful. But then again, I also think Sasquatch is hiding in my woods at night ready to pounce. Not a raccoon or skunk. Ever. (I may also think The Creature from the Black Lagoon or Jason is coming out of my lake as well.)


The mind when you are alone in the darkness, if there is no fire or spark, can do funny things to some people-me probably the most. But if you were a Sasquatch living in the darkness as part of your normal routine (as we have seen no evidence of fire making capabilities) how would you have adapted to it? What extra senses would you get? What would your feeling be of the night environment around you? Would you think it was a human ready to pop out at you when you heard noises?


 Some believe that one class of early man didn't evolve with us, but stayed the same. It's possible, then, that these issues with the darkness would never have developed in them at all. We, as a modern man, have evolved with a whole different set of feelings and emotions. We might be thinking "the lights are out, candles are lit and the fire is started" as something romantic you might want a partner for. To dance in the dark together for just a little while. This situation is not the norm for us but a moment in time we have a chance to enjoy.


But if it was our norm? We would probably be thinking quit it. There are a million things to do before it gets too dark. Hunting, gathering, chores, and other important needs to be met. Work work work. So the big man himself can only be thinking one of two ways about darkness. He is either nocturnal and waking up to do these things or he is of the light like us and too tired to enjoy dancing in the dark with his mate. Because this isn't an occasion, it is life as he knows it to be. I would say it's sad but he isn't thinking like us and we can't truly think like him.


He has been seen a lot during both the day and the evening. So maybe he is a little bit of both. He does have glowing eyes perfect for hunting at night and a sweet stick den built for two for naping. I know if him and I end up in a dance of sorts I'm praying for it to be daylight.


Dancing in the dark is nice for an instance if you have the right partner and the right time. And I love Bruce but I'll work on dancing with the fire lit and the lights down low as often as possible maybe listening to I'm on Fire instead.

Thank you, Bruce, and the fabulous storm Riley for the inspiration. And to the East Coast, it was a long night. Hope you all had your dancing shoes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

Booger Funnels...

A Moment with a Monster