Madness

I, tried so hard to let you go, but some kind of madness has swallowed me whole. I, i have finally seen the light and i have finally realized, what you mean.      Madness, The Muse


So while piled under a million blankets in an undisclosed location. I thought to myself, time to start writing. But what should I write about hmm, I'm freezing, and tired from squatching and I'm getting cranky.


You should write about something you know they say. Well, what if you write about something you don't know? But really, really want to know? I'm out and about this weekend freezing for the love of a squatch, that I don't know. I've never seen him before. I've never been given a first-hand account of a sighting and what it felt like to truly see him.


Can I continue to write about him so heartfelt week after week without this amazing event taking place? Can I appreciate the reason why I'm out here this weekend and any other in these freezing temperatures without truly having that heartfelt conversation with another person after their sightings? I've read many. Listened to many told on the radio and television. But not to me.


And if I do will it become so real that I'll be afraid to go out again. Or end up disappointed with the squandered time. Everyone needs a reason or a muse for their art no matter the medium they use to express it. But if your muse is something you may never see or touch, will it slip away before you ever really had it, taking your voice with it?


For me, the writer, it's an all too possible outcome. I write and write all day. But this is for me, it's the only one that matters. My words about a subject I care about, want to do proud. But might not be able to sustain forever. As that clock ticks, I feel more stress that I need to get out there more. Back to where I started in the freezing cold location again with new friends preparing to put my myself into a situation, I said I would never do again. One of total madness.


Loony-madness (The Loony) Deviantart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

Booger Funnels...

A Moment with a Monster