I See Hairy People..

Pareidolia, a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists. This is the definition found in Wikipedia. In other words, you’re in the woods and you are all freaked out by noises or whatever and when you look through the trees you see hairy people, big, hairy and smelly people. 


What? You don’t see that Bigfoot back there? I’m looking right at him..

This is what everyone wants you to think is happening, that your imagination has gone so crazy while you were out there looking for Bigfoot, that you actually see Bigfoot. This theory can also apply to the people who are seeing rabbit shapes in the clouds, mountains in mashed potatoes and Jesus in their toast. And why is it, if you’re seeing Jesus in your toast that it is a miracle and seeing Bigfoot is a pareidolic response?      

Mountains out of mash potatoes..

I have an idea why, and you may or may not want to know it, but here it is. I heard it said somewhere that the possible increase in sightings of Bigfoot could be a form of mass hysteria, causing people to see Bigfoot in their bushes. Huh, Bigfoot is mass hysteria and Jesus is a miracle. In my opinion, Jesus is more likely the result of mass hysteria just based on the sheer volume of believers. Neither has been physically proven, there is no body, just stories and encounters passed on through time. In the case of Bigfoot, we actually have a video and pictures. There are early cave paintings that people attest to being of a Sasquatch. Some believe that the Vikings wrote about them in their sagas. (I’m out on that one, I read a lot of it and I don’t remember seeing any mention of any Bigfoot) and of course the accounts of him by Native Americans.

                                         
                                           I don’t see any Jesus in that toast, do you?

If the reason for Bigfoot's existence is an evolutionary split, then they have been around a lot longer. So, seeing a Bigfoot, since it is a rare thing, could also be called a miracle. Not a response to stimulus, causing us to believe we are seeing him in the trees or bushes.





When all the other red flags are there; the smell, the tracks and that feeling of being watched, why can it not just simply be that Bigfoot is there. The reason is simple. The majority of the population believes in Jesus and not in Bigfoot. Now, I could live without seeing  circles and arrows on pictures pointing to a possible Bigfoot, so don't do that on my account. But,  if you feel they were there and you are sure you saw them, smelled them and or heard them. Then this event was real to you. And I believe you. It never needs to be real to anyone else. I’ve had some moments out there, some feelings I can’t describe, found prints, some pictures I’ve shared and so many I haven’t because the experience was enough for me. It didn’t need to be validated. But I do understand the excitement of sharing the experience with other people. But It doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. I trust in myself and my perception of what happened.







I’ve seen the rabbit shapes in clouds, faces on the front of trees and Bigfoot in the blackness behind the trees in my pictures. It all felt real to me, and that is enough for me, I hope it can be enough for you too. If you have an encounter or experience, don’t worry about other people believing in you, just believe in yourself, and treasure this amazing moment in time you’ve had, you’ve seen them, you were one of the lucky ones they trusted.

Article of note:

http://www.montgomerynews.com/roxreview/opinion/natural-selections-photographing-faces-in-the-forest/article_50546254-0721-11e9-984f-d7479dfd2e65.html


Pictures from google search

Richard Dryfess picture from Close Encounter

This post is dedicated to my friend who likes the word pareidolia entirely to much..šŸ˜±

Copyright August 2018, property of Bigfoot Mountain (tm) all rights reserved 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...