Bigfoot Dreaming Through the Eyes of a Child

Like the Easter Bunny. Children sometimes believe in the things they can't see. We know from the beautiful screaming Santa photos through the years. Children would rather love these things from afar. Some dreams come true aren't always good.


Image was taken from youtube

And It stands to reason that if they're scared of Santa than Bigfoot is going to go down like a sinking ship. My own experiences of sharing my bigfoot dreams with children as they grow and change and form their own beliefs and dreams are as follows:

Whitehall, New York 2006

Taking my niece and nephew to Adirondacks in New York every year lent us the opportunity to plan a quick side trip to Whitehall. The babies were around 5 and 10 then. My sister and I were watching Abominable on the SYFY channel. When we were like duh. Let's go see the real Bigfoot. Believe me, when I tell you we were not going to bring them on that side trip to following our dreams but they were insisting. 

We left in the daylight. Got gas, stakeout snacks, etc. Kids couldn't wait. Fast forward not even an hour later we are close to the infamous area. Still daylight. We are saying, "almost there". In the back seat, you hear "I don't want to see Bigfoot. Let's go home. I don't want to see Bigfoot!"  They didn't just want to leave the area they wanted to go back to Massachusetts!

Whitehall, New York 2016

Back then at least, they believed he was real and they were afraid to see him. (How scary that thought must have been to their little psyche). Fast forward to two years ago. In the Adirondacks again like every year. I check the local calendar of events and thereby see an ad for the first annual Sasquatch Festival. Oh boy, jackpot for me! To me it was Christmas. I was living  the dream .We tell the kids we are making another side trip. First words from my niece, "we are not going Bigfoot hunting!" this wasn't from fear though. This was eye rolling Auntie you're a crazy person reaction. My nephew agreed he was just saying "no".

Later that afternoon:

When we got to the festival, my sister and I couldn't wait to get out. Those two though? They totally wouldn't get out of the car. Full on, no way. They didn't want to be seen there. They definitely did not want to be in the pictures. They were worried we may need professional help.No sense of fun and adventure anymore.

Fall 2017

Now this year I started my blog. And it was; "what is this bigfoot stuff you keep sending me?" God forbid they read it. I have to make them read it. I hear "there is no such thing as Bigfoot". And going to a known bigfoot area? Forget about it. They are not scared because they do not believe! ( I would like to test that theory with them in the woods at a later date).

It's what happens, we grow up. We stop believing that which we cannot see. We begin to chase more concrete dreams. Buying homes, new car or maybe nice vacation. (if your planning for Whitehall leave the children at home).We become busy overworked adults. But not me. Or at least I'm trying not to. I didn't get to experience bigfoot festivals and researching when I was younger. So I'm living the dream now and watching theirs start to develop.

My niece is in art school. Heading to Italy next year with a recommendation from her teachers to study abroad. My nephew rides his bike into exhaustion after school every day because he wants to be a BMX racer after he graduates.

I'm glad we are all living our dreams. I'm glad their dreams finally developed into something concrete and they are chasing them right now while they are young enough to enjoy it. I'm glad we can talk to each other about them.

So keep doing what you enjoy. Write, sing, paint, whatever. Don't be afraid to try at any age. And  I promise that the only Bigfoot you'll encounter are the ones you want to see. 


I want to thank my beautiful niece for designing and drawing Bigfootmountain's new logo.


And my nephew for being a good sport. And for putting up with his crazy aunt. And in advance for the go pro cam, I'm going to attach to his bike to ride through the woods for me later onšŸ˜.

This post is dedicated to them. (even though they may never see it) Thank you just for being you. I love you guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...