The Flutie Pass Incident (Primal Rage Review)

So, because I'm sure every Footie in the world is either blogging or vlogging about the movie Primal Rage today. (and I'm going to read them all because that is what I do)  I'm going to tell you a different tale. A tale about a series of unfortunate events that took place while trying to get to and from this movie.

My sister and I headed out at 5:30 for a 7:00 movie in Framingham Ma. Beautiful night, the sun was shinning. We stopped at a Dunkin Donuts for a coffee to smuggle in. (later we discovered it was toilet paper we should have smuggled in). The said Dunkin was closed. Dunkin never closes! This should have been a red flag for us. We are very well known in these parts for getting into ridiculous situations. But we continued. This movie was one night only after all.

My sister was driving my car. And the current placement of my steering wheel was making her crazy. She went to pull the lever to move my wheel and inadvertently popped my hood. (did I mention while driving?) we pulled over to fix this crisis. Already we are laughing our hysterical crazy laughs because we knew, we knew we were doomed this night.

The AMC theatre located In Framingham is on Flutie Pass. A road named after a very cute former football player. Who led Boston College to a victory with his Hail Mary Pass. Dougie, I love you, but you need a new road. The Hail Mary here is if you can find the theatre from this street. The GPS looked something like this when we turned on the street:

⬅️↙️⤴️↩️πŸ”‚⤵️πŸ”€πŸ”ƒ↪️↗️↘️⬇️⬆️⬅️πŸ”πŸ”€↕️⬇️⬆️⬆️↗️↕️

It was saying proceed to route, what route I couldn't tell you, with arrows pointing everywhere! Ahhhh! So, after going in circles for almost an hour we finally found the AMC theatre. I had to take a picture because I wasn't sure if it was a mirage at this point.


Okay, we finally made it I thought. It's seven now. But previews will go on for a few minutes so we definitely have time for a bathroom pit stop. Ugh. Not one stall had any toilet paper. None. And no napkins, of course, only hand dryers. I'm going to spare you what my next idea was. When we came out we asked an attendant if they could spare a square. He informed us that the closet where they usually store it is empty! What the what! It's only 7 o'clock. Did a herd of elephants come in and pee in the afternoon! How long has that closet been empty!?!

We went into the movie, which was already running.  No previews. 😑 So we sat down and got comfortable and I realized I lost my phone. Run back to bathroom..gone. Check find my phone app and it looks like it's in the car. My sister said she would get it, but low and behold she had lost the keys!! Luckily a nice lady returned everything to customer service for us.

So now we relax for our movie. I missed a few minutes but I get what's happening. I at first hear the bigfoot growl. It is an awesome growl. And yes, I know I said I wouldn't say it, but dammit the scenery was great! He shot it in a way that you felt like you were in woods with them. ( which I never want to be) When the Bigfoot came on screen you could see he had a mask made of bark. A very new and clever way to explain why we can't always see him, I might add. He also had a new bag of tricks. He had weapons! We are so used to him just twisting heads. Magee promised us a new vision of him and he delivered on that promise. I'm reluctant to say much more because, with only a one-night showing, many people haven't had a chance to see it yet. I can say, the lead female role was portrayed as a strong female character. And well acted by Casey Gagliardi. Effects were great. Love a little gore. And Bigfoot himself was reimagined. 

And after watching the behind the scenes documentary. I was wowed. Patrick Magee produced, wrote, directed, created special effects and played the role of Bigfoot in this film. The man deserves an award for something, or at the very least some recognition for his hard work. And to the male lead Andrew Joseph Montgomery, he was hit by a car in the middle of shooting this film. Lost his foot. Came out of it strong and finished the movie. And clearly, Mr. Magee waited for him to heal. Kudos to them both. To Mr. Magee whom I'm sure does not have time to stop and read my blog. (Update..he totally read this review and commented back).

I hope it was worth the wait for you to get it all together for release. It was worth it for us. I'm amazed at all the roles you fulfilled here. And if by some chance you have an extra suit that could fit someone size 4’11. Could I borrow it? I would love to haunt Flutie Pass and AMC theater with it. Maybe than I'll get some toilet paper...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...