Our Own Worst Enemy: The Saturation of Sasquatch 

Oh Bigfoot, one of the most beloved legends in my lifetime. But is there a chance we love him to much?

Now that we are in the age of internet, I see him everywhere. He’s a marketing mascot, staring in major motion pictures, you tube videos, podcasts, websites and even, yes I’ll say it. My own blog. 

But with all the sightings doubling every year and all the hoaxing going on, are we making him a laughing stock? Is he up there with the Jolly Green Giant and Tony the Tiger? Now when you say, “OMG I saw Bigfoot!” Everyone is rolling their eyes because they hear it every day. And you know they are thinking, “yeah sure you did, I did too on the television just this morning”.

Now I’m not saying anyone is making it up. I have no doubt they saw something. But at the rate he is being seen. I should be banging into him at the local convenience store getting a slushee . ( now I totally want one, cherry).


We should all stop for a second and think. Okay is that really what I saw? What are the consequences of making it up? Well the consequences are the total saturation of Sasquatch in the media, to the extent we aren’t being taken seriously. He is not being taken seriously. And that hurts all of us. 

So now we should think of how we can dial back. Less shows? Blogs? Podcasts I’m not sure what the right answer is. But if your faking it for a good reason please stop now. It always gets proven fake in the end and his rep gets damaged all over again.

I love Bigfoot, you love him too. But I think we’re smothering him, and he will leave us because a species that roams free cannot survive if they’re claustrophobic. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...