Film review: Uwharrie

Happy Friday everyone,

I spent Thursday night as you know watching "Uwharri". Filmed on location I believe at Uwharrie National Forest in North Carolina.
This film is from the "found footage" genre which as you know can be really hit or m miss. It was a short movie - around 45 minutes. With some of these movies I've watched, that can be more than enough.
The premise of the movie is a friend taking his good buddy camping for his bachelor party. I'm telling all my friends now if I get married the woods is not going to be plan for my celebration.
And on their first day, they see what they think is a Sasquatch. They are not sure if  it is real or some kind of a joke, later that night they hear a noise and shadows on their tent. Fast forward to morning and in Blair Witch fashion they are left a little surprise outside their tent. Then the fun begins..
What I loved about the film was its length, getting right to the point. And having bigfoot everywhere. It is low budget fun and the ending is a twist.
The acting was predictable and not the best acting. Not the worst either. But the film kept you engaged which is more than I can say for some. So shout out to Michael and Christopher who obviously worked  on this film themselves.
It is worth seeing and  the Uwharrie  area of Montgomery County is known for several Bigfoot sightings. The residents leave out candy bars and peanut butter snacks for him in the woods.
Lucky guy or ape or both. The town has Facebook page called Uwharrie Bigfoot Investigations
I may have to swing down there and grab a snack myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

Booger Funnels...

A Moment with a Monster