The Night the Lights Went out in Bridgewater 

Well this morning I woke up tired and sore. Last night was a late night in the car and in the woods. Last night after dark, my sister and I went out to explore the Bridgewater triangle.




The Bridgewater Triangle is approximately 200 miles of historical land and dense forestry in Massachusetts. The area is a known hotspot of all things paranormal and several Bigfoot sightings. The Bridgewater Triangle was named by Loren Coleman, a well known cryptozoologist in his book Mysterious America.

The Triangle bosts a few historical landmarks;

  • The Hockomock Swamp (pictured below) whose name means, “a place where spirits dwell”. Which is known for several Bigfoot sightings.

  • The Dighton rock which is covered in symbols of ancient and unknown origin.

  • Profile rock. Well that speaks for itself.

  • And finally the dense forest of the Freetown State Forest



It was this forest where our Saturday night adventure began.



When we were approaching the area we noticed our gps kept flashing white lines across the screen. Something it hadn’t done before. And when we attempted to record video of our approach our video was whited out completely.



I was able to take some pictures - here are a few below;



Who knows what the lights are. I plan to return in daylight to the same area and poke around.

Our big dilemma and scare of the night was trying to leave the Freetown Forest area. Our gps was down, our "Life 360" app was down and Siri and Google were not responding.

Although  I am not very tech savy and all of these technical glitches can probably be easily explained, what I can tell you was I felt very isolated and trapped without the technology to guide me out. And even ignoring the slight tapping noises and branches cracking, the air itself felt very thick. I’m not sure I could return at night again without an expert.

If you would like more information on the area here are two books to checkout:

Touring the Bridgewater Triangle by Lizzie Russell and

The Creature from the Bridgewater Triangle by Bill Russo.

Or if you’re looking for a good Halloween scare  than this is the place to be. I’ll even leave you with a map of the area. Good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

Booger Funnels...

A Moment with a Monster