Do you Hear what I Hear..

A howl, a howl. Higher than a growl, that will make you run for a mile. Yes it will make you run for a mile.


So it occurred to me while I was watching Skull Island today that I never got a post out from my last Squatch Hunt. I posted some pictures on my Facebook page. But totally blanked on my post. (This is what happens when you get older). So here we go..

My last hunt had me following up on a report made to the BFRO last year. Better late than never I guess. It was in the Oxford/Douglas Massachusetts area. (Beautiful area by the way, totally jealous the big man may live there and I do not)

So the report was a little confusing on actual location. But my sister and I are pretty confident we nailed it. It was in a very squatchy location. In fact you could have filmed a remake of Boggy Creek there.


We saw a lot of what we feel could be potential Bigfoot structures and nest like areas. Definitely worth a second look next weekend.

As I have mentioned many times I’m not an expert and I’m never going to claim that title. But neither am I a rookie. I have watched every documentary, read many books and watched literally every movie I could. So I can recognize some suspicious things when I see them. I took many pictures of the area for the real experts to look at if anyone is interested. I’m pretty sure we took a picture of a bear in there as well.


So after binge watching several episodes of Finding Bigfoot. I decided we should try to make some calls out. After our attempts and lots of laughs, I gave up and downloaded an app for this. Go ahead get the groans and eye rolling out of the way, I can take it. Well, we laughed at those too but we decided to stick with it and use it at a few locations. 

At one location I let out the howl then the tree knocking sound. And after a few tries I kid you not. We got a call back. My first instinct was I’m outta here! Exit stage left! But I didn’t run nor could I identify that sound. It was a high octave, more like a long screech. It only came once as if to say get out of here. 


Well I walked around and tried every sound I could to no avail. Since I’m not a hunter and I  don’t know what animals make what sounds in the woods these days beyond wolf and owl I’ll take any suggestions you have. Or you could feel free to send me a few recordings of what  animals you think it could be and maybe I’ll be able recognize it.

If I’m being realistic, my sister and I may never actually find the Squatch. But we always have a hell of a time looking. We are definitely the Abbot and Costello meets the Wolfman of the hunters around here. But there are no regrets because laughter is truly the best sound anything on earth can make and I hear( pun intended) that it’s also good for the soul. 


Please send any recordings or to request a copy of our photos to:

Myself @ bigfootmountain1@gmail.com

Or my sister squatcher Rene at:

Bigfootmountain2@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

Booger Funnels...

A Moment with a Monster