L.A.R.P and the Real Bigfoot 

https://youtu.be/N_25zgKdqI0


Hello everyone, once and awhile when I’m  reading articles about the big guy, I sometimes stumble upon a real beauty. Such was the case last night.

I read an article and interview from AiPT!. With writer Sharon A Hill on her new book, Scientifical Americans. I have not read this book yet, as it doesn’t come out till December 30th. But worry not I definitely will. Then I can give you my full review.

From the article I was however, able to get a pretty good idea what it’s all about from the interview. I’m not sure many of you will be to happy with this information. But I can at least say it is a unique concept.

In her book Miss Hill describes Sasquatch, ghost, etc. hunters as want to be scientists. That for some reason or another were not able to become a legitimate scientist. Couldn’t afford school, had to work to support a family, what have you. You get the idea. Insulting as it may be.

She goes on to describe these hunters. As example Finding Bigfoot hunters as live action role playing as scientists. (L.A.R.P) so think 🤔 Dungeons and Dragons of cryptozoology. 

Now I always remind everyone that I am not an expert in this field. But when I think expert. I’m thinking of all of you. Your everyday person who is out there hunting every moment you can. Camping out in the wild with no luxuries. Knowing what to look for. Prints, tree cracks etc. (only thing more appealing would probably be a fireman in his uniform. But I digress) 

I know for sure that I don’t want to go hunting with the lab coat scientist with a degree. Who has never been in the woods before. And I’m willing to bet that neither would she.


Remember hunters, the only thing that separates you from them, is that degree. Reading, testing, memorizing and practicing. All the things you have been doing already for years. All to get a degree that refuses, No matter what proof you drag in. To acknowledge his existence. 

When I think of when I was still in the education field. As a member of management. When hiring, I would always prefer experience to a degree. Some teachers would have their masters degree but when you put them in the classroom they couldn’t handle it. No classroom management skills to speak of. And the experienced one without a degree has their class in hand. They have been doing it for years. They know what will work or fail. They can tell which children might need them more, etc.

So when one of my friends calls to tell me, they think they just ran over Sasquatch in the middle of road, what should they do? Just know I’m calling one of you. The real experts. 


Article:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/11/28/the-critical-angle-sharon-hill-looks-at-paranormal-larpers-in-scientifical-americans/

Book information:

https://www.amazon.com/Scientifical-Americans-Culture-Paranormal-Researchers/dp/1476672474


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

Booger Funnels...

A Moment with a Monster