American Dogman of Elkhorn

So  as many of you know, I normally write primarily about our beloved Bigfoot. But I wanted to step away today and write about a certain Crypto who is the much scarier of the two but decidedly less known.



The Beast of Bray Road himself, Dogman. Stalking that infamous street in Elkhorn Wisconsin. I must admit, I have heard of them both but never made the connection till now that they were one in the same. Although I picture him as more of a werewolf type. I was told he was actually more of a mix of canine and Sasquatch. Well then in that case, insert every joke here about their possible breeding program and then we can all move on. Need more time? Then I'll give you the time it takes for me to explain what the veterinarian told me about my dog. I was told she was a beagle when I know that she's a mix of Dachshund and German Sheppard. Now tell me how the logistics worked there and then I'll try to piece together how this half hominid and half canine creature came about.



What lore I could put together had said it was first reported in 1887 in Wexford County, Michigan. But I've always been fascinated by the Beast of Bray Road and the state of Wisconsin, which had  their first reported incident in 1936.So we are going to move this story ahead a bit.



This Beast of Burden has been described most often in two different types. So if our brain goes back to breeding again? Well It's not my fault, It's the fault of witnesses that led us down this path. One way it is described is as a half hominid and half canine type. Walking on hominid/human legs but having a muzzle of a canine. The other type is more of a canine in whole. Muzzle, ears, clawed hands and feet and hock legs. It is this description that has me envisioning him as more of a werewolf. The difference I guess is that there is no pesky full moon nonsense. But that also means my silver bracelet isn't going to save me from a possible attack. 



Unlike Sasquatch, Dogman is known for actually attacking people. As of yet, I know of no fatalities. And no one I know is scratching their ears with their feet, so no known cases of any humans turning into one of the creatures.

All this Makes for an ideal predator. No pesky moon controlled behavior and some idiot like me won't kill you by shoving said bracelet into your mouth. (I'm sure I'd still try. You know, just to be sure). In the town of Elkhorn, he is usually seen loitering on Bray Road. There was a rash of sightings in the eighties and nineties that drew the interest of reporter Linda Godfrey. Who later wrote a book based on her articles. The now famous, Beast of Bray Road. So why anyone not researching him and who may have read that book would drive on that road I wouldn't know. I will never visit Wisconsin, because I'm sure I would be compelled to go to it immediately and then be subsequentially eaten and made famous as his first known kill.


But the residents themselves must be like, “oh sorry, I wanted to visit you before you died. But the only way there is through Bray Road”. I mean the crappy things you could get out of doing due to that road could be endless.


Whatever sighting that made him the most known for while haunting that street I'm not exactly sure. But it made for compelling research and for a good movie by the SyFy channel, called you guessed it. The Beast of Bray Road. (although I was informed by a resident that the monster wasn't very good. I, still in the name of cheesy fun rather enjoyed it). But if you would like more information about Dogman,  I found several informative and riveting videos on youtube you could check out or read Beast of Bray Road by Linda Godfrey. 

This blog is dedicated to the residents of Elkhorn Wisconsin  and The Beast Of  Bray Road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...