He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

On yet another glorious snowy morning in Massachusetts, the 3rd one in as many weeks, I sat out in the doorway just watching it all come down. I couldn't help but think-what if I was outside lost and stranded? What if the abominable snowman exists and is out hunting right now? 

It made me think of a tale, a true tale, of an abominable snowman that was out prowling, that did hunt people. He currently resides in the icy slopes of Dyatlov Pass, in the Ural Mountains of Russia.

I feel relatively safe telling his tale from this location. It would be a lot of work for him to get here. But just in case, I have a Louisville Slugger near my door. His tale is the most frightening one I've ever heard and has haunted me since I first heard of it many years ago. (Many? Did my editor put that word in)?It's a scary tale because it is real...and we have proof.

On February 2nd, 1959. Nine unsuspecting college students entered the liar of a Yeti and didn't survive to tell this tale for themselves. The student's bodies were found dead, mutilated on those mountains. The Russian government labeled their deaths caused by ”compelling natural force” leading us to believe an avalanche struck them.

To be clear, these bodies were found far from each other, as if they were panicked and running from something. In the freezing temperatures some wore only their underwear. Their bodies had injuries such as: broken ribs, fractured skulls, tongue missing and eyes gouged out. I don't know about an avalanche, but if I saw an angry Yeti coming my way I'd take off naked too.


Dyatlov Pass victims

There is evidence beyond the obvious injuries they sustained. Other than the obvious of leaving clothing behind, their tents were slashed from the inside. Desperate to get away from something?  And a journal entry with the words "now we know snowmen exist"...

Would an avalanche cause these desperate moves? Risking their lives, destroying their only shelter, and possible hypothermia without clothes. Another theory was that they may have lost their wits from isolation in the cold snowy mountains. This is where the autobiographical part comes in. I'm currently going a little mad myself. Three storms, endless power outages...a girl can only take so much. I want my Youtube, hot food and most importantly hot water. And I could possibly hurt someone to get it. Did they go mad? I don't know. That is a lot of madness for a short amount of time.


The other theory, the one that is true, proving monsters do exist, is that they were being stalked by something. In the journal,  they indicated feeling watched, but most importantly, they were able to get proof by taking a picture of it before they were massacred. Yes folks massacred. Mutilated bodies spread out running for their lives.

Dyatlov Pass-snowmen do exist

Once again we had the proof. The bodies, the journal, the photo of their real monster and the scene itself. These hikers have not been killed in vain. They made an amazing discovery and lost their lives as a result. They may never have true peace because the truth of their killer will never be revealed. All they have is us to believe them and keep fighting the good fight for them. Folks if you don't hear from me again tonight, you know what happened. Don't stop fighting for me til the truth is out there.

Sasysquatchgirl Pass


*truth is out there, courtesy of the x-files

Once again I dedicate this blog to my blizzard peeps. Hope you all keep your power and your wits tonight 😁



Read more:

Dead Mountain by Donnie Eichar

Mountain of the dead by Keith McCloskey


Comments

  1. It's sad that they died the way they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really well written. The account from the diary is compelling but the photograph leaves me feeling unsure like I have seen it somewhere else but the diary... It maybe the answer people have been looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...