Sasquatch From the Soul (Part One)

I have come to the conclusion in the past few months since I’ve really emersed myself into Sasquatch’s world, that this should all, at its core, be a very personal and private experience. Everyone has different opinions, perspectives and beliefs on the subject. Sometimes the subject becomes as difficult to discuss as politics and religion. But when you go out researching, (if that is what you call it, I call it Lucy and Ethel meet Bigfoot), you shouldn’t always go out in those woods alone...or so I’ve heard. And by heard, I mean lectured. Repeatedly. So, who and how do you share this very personal experience with another person.


Well the first question to yourself is probably going to be..who do I trust? And I’m not just talking the trust to have your back when Sasquatch or something more terrifying shows up. I mean who do you trust? With your innermost thoughts and feelings about all of this. Who will hear your theories and ideas without judgement and make it a safe space?I have learned that for most, and even for my own past experiences, it isn’t always your spouse, boyfriend or significant other, or children. They often think you’re silly and that you’re wasting your time, and more importantly, their time, on something that isn’t real.


It’s hard to hear that from a friend or a loved one. And it’s hard to enjoy it when your not respected. No one has to believe what you believe of course, but you would like them to respect that you do. Take my word for it, I know the frustration. Believe me, I know.


So who do you pick? How do you choose? After all, you are sharing the most personal and, for some, an important part of your soul, if you’re a true believer. I feel we are talking about part of our soul here. When we are talking about a deep belief in the unseen, then that belief has to be rooted somewhere inside you to have that kind of "faith".


Well, I thought about it all last night while my brain was running circles around my head keeping me awake. (much like every night). So, i got up and went to a special spot today and thought about what I am looking for and came up with this post. Here’s what I discovered about myself and what I wanted from a “partner”.


First and most importantly, I want someone who is truly a believer, not just saying they are. And out in the woods or conversations with them you will be able to tell. I want someone reliable. Able to go out there regularly. No, not always looking for Squatches but the experience of it all. To love the woods and nature. Be drawn there like myself. Miss it all the way to your bones if you can’t get out there. I want someone who understands me and my approach to it all. I don’t want to, I won’t, drag equipment and god knows what else out there. I want to be relaxed out there...to feel. I am out there for them, more than for myself and I want them to know that. I want them to know I am not just out there to expose them to the world at large. I want them to trust me. That may be a hard pill for others to swallow. Some think, "what is the point if I can’t bring back proof?" Well, I am a simple girl with a simple life. I love this blog and my adventures but I don’t have that desire to prove Bigfoot's existence to the masses.


I’m grateful right now that I am getting some of these needs met at the moment. I have people I can talk to about it and feel safe and respected and someone to tromp through the woods with me on occasion when they can. I have finally met other believers and you can’t know how much I appreciate them for even the occasional chat on line and how welcome in this world they have all made me feel.


It felt good to share these feelings of mine in print. And I’m always here if you want to share yours with me. And, someday, when you have time and some quiet, think about what you want from all your searching. Ponder your true motives and what you really believe. Take a look at who your sharing it with. Make sure your getting everything you need and you’re enjoying the experience.


I am dedicating this to all of you that put up with my craziness and indulge me with a chat when you can. I always appreciate the time.


Lastly to my sister who goes out there in the forest with me and tries to do as much as she can to help. She’s the bomb, my Sister Squatch. Sorry SS I know I make you nuts, we always get lost, stalked, and other disasters but you still go with me. You may be nuts too. Lucy and Ethel meet the Bigfoot is so us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...