Sasquatch..Podcasted and Broadcasted..A Viral Love Story

In this age of social media that we are in, stories and pictures get shared so fast, it’s like hearing all the gossip of the day in the high school cafeteria when everyone is finally together.  Everyday you hear it and pray you aren’t in it. My friends would run to me (because for some reason I was put on this earth to store everyones secrets) and I would hear, “Omg! Did you hear? ” Then I’m immediately anxious. My first thought would be, did I do anything ridiculous this morning? Is my fly zipped? Jenny! That big mouth I knew she would say something. What?!? What is it!l Tell me now god dammit!! Was it about me? Am I in it?..Okay sorry quick flashback. Phew, I’m good now.  


High school me (on the left) with my bff ...we always left a trail of stories behind us..maybe bodies too..

But what about Bigfoot? He’s written about, tweeted, blogged, researched, filmed, recorded, podcasted, in twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one daily and it is always about him. That is stressful for anyone. I still get sick to my stomach every time I release this blog. Did I offend someone? Is it to crazy? Is it funny? So the pressure is on for him to be awesome and visible somewhere daily.

             

Bigfoot in disguise leaving the country..

Does he know? Is he aware of how much attention he gets? We love him so much we can’t help but share everything we find on him. It’s a viral love story now between him and each other. I’m not knocking those by the way, plenty of people have them, but It’s no longer something we hide amongst each other anymore. Is that a good thing? Or is it changing the culture and cryptid society to much? He’s becoming an icon not just a legend. He’s in tv, ads, movie cameos and well, he’s in everything we do now. 

            

On one hand, It is very convenient for me as a blogger, because I have access to so much information my head spins some days like Linda Blair. (My phone needs an exorcism anyway it takes crazy pictures.) So why not?  It’s great for you the researchers. You get that witness report fast enough to get out there and hopefully find evidence soon enough before man or weather contaminates it. For the writers, plenty of material and the filmmakers? well, they can see us all on social media so they know they have an audience. And I support all of that. I read, listen, watch and like everything I can everyday. And I like to comment, you worked hard sometimes more than a like is nice to get, we should all be talking to each other. If this is a viral love story then we need to show the love, spread it around.


Then on the other hand, some days, I miss still being the freak. That great feeling that you have a secret no one else knows about, and you’re special because you know you have an open mind and maybe even an affinity towards it and your friends don’t. I remember when I was young thinking to myself, you’re like, the only one who knows Bigfoot is real. You are awesome, but don’t tell anyone they won’t understand these kinds of things. They couldn’t handle it. But now that feeling has gone away. Because when you start a blog baby, your truth is out there. (I hear you’re writing about what now)? And also because I know all of you are believers too. 

                   

So, this viral love affair we are all in together? What do we do? How much time and effort  do we put into it? How do we take the pressure off of him? Off of us? There is so much information out there, how do you stay faithful to any one thing?  Is variety truly the spice of life? It’s going to be difficult maintaining a viral only kind of thing. We will eventually want contact with him and we have our lives in our real world to live as well. Should we limit our daily amount of social media time? Or just limit what we all put out so there is time to spend on learning more about our partners here? And more time out there in the field and get that human connection we all need. 

How do we keep it new and fresh and keep the magic going? Make sure we aren’t competing with each other for his love and each other’s? Well, I don’t have all the answers and you probably don’t want to hear the crazy things in my head anyway. I only know what is right for me. Put out only twice a week so I can have time with the family, time in the woods with him and some time to spend with you So, you will have to decide what you want out of this relationship and how much of your time you want to put into it. Evaluate how important he and all of us are to you? There are no wrong answers here and nothing wrong with liking this viral affair as long as he is kept safe and protected, you have carved out you time 

and it feels right and makes you happy...and if does then?

Keep on squatching..


          Picture from Freetown, Massachusetts 

           Pictures from Google online and myself..

       Lyrics from Alice’s Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...