Sir Lance A Lot 

There are a lot of stable, well-liked, and appreciated  actors out there, but none I would bet that are as adored as Lance Henriksen. In the Bigfoot, Horror and sci-fi genre he is a beloved prince.  His roles in some movies have been smaller than I would prefer, but always memorable.  To tell our (mine and  Sir Lance’s) story properly than we need to start at the beginning. My older sister, a movie fanatic like myself, has been a faithful Lance fan for over 35 years (Piranha II: the Spawning...anyone?). As she was my big sister, she had, as you would guess, a big influence on me. I always wanted to see the movies she was watching. My first introduction to him was in The Terminator when it came on cable. Immediately, I liked everything about him.









Lance in Terminator..

I went on to follow him throughout his career from there. When I saw Pumpkinhead for the first time with my sister, lights off, snuggled in my blanket and popcorn in hand, I was scared witless and I loved every second of it! It sealed the deal firmly, and other horror movies were now going to have to raise the bar to compete with that great story-line, creature, and the amazing Lance performance. Most horror movies are not lucky enough to get someone of his caliber to join the cast. He has starred in some of my favorite movies. Aliens, Omen 2 And Jennifer 8 just to name a few.






Lance in Pumpkinhead..

My sister and I  have certain memories growing up together woven into the reels of those films. We could say “remember the night we watched”...and then both yell out Lance! I thank him for those memories. It gave an older and way younger sister. 😉 something to have in common. Even when I was in the teen battling years, we would come together and watch Pumpkinhead on Halloween. Only an outstanding actor could help pull that off, because I know she was secretly plotting my demise every other day of the year.


Lance and Pumpkinhead himself..

Not many people know this fact, but this blog is named for Lance. For he did a couple of very important movies that brought an old childhood joy back into my life: Bigfoot. In my family, Bigfoot was always something that was well, there. We all loved and believed in him. Well, not my father, he thought we were crazy believing in some made-up gorilla. But us girls new that he was real. I’m not entirely sure I wanted to really see him in person back then, like I do now, but we were believers.




In the early 2000s, Lance helped to kick off the first series of Bigfoot movies. Starting with Sasquatch Mountain, then, The Untold, and finally a short but awesome part in Abominable. Bringing the big guy back into the limelight.




               




Coincidentally, I watched these movies he made in the Adirondack Mountains near Whitehall, New York, which is the home of one my favorite encounter stories. It sparked one of the first times I went out to research an area. I watched these movies and did this research with my second way older 😉sister. Now making this whole circle of Lance a family affair. When it came time to set up the blog, my sister, the first way oldest one 😜, set up the look for me and renamed it Bigfootmountain. (My name wasn’t doing it for her). But as soon as we went over it I knew it was named for Lance as a salute and a big "thank you" for always being around, for making me love Bigfoot again and for bringing this crazy family together for some more great memories.




This blog will continue giving us new memories with one sister helping to correct my grammar, one sister out researching with me, and my wonderful niece creating logos. Every time I see its name, I think of Sasquatch Mountain, then Lance, and finally all of those silly and wonderful memories he is still apart of. Mr. Henriksen if you ever see this, thank you Sir, our dark prince, may you continue making new ones with us.


Abominable (clip)
Sasquatch Mountain (clips)

Piranha II (for my sister!)

Pictures found on Google 
Videos from YouTube 

To Lance, this family loves ❤️ you...

For my sisters, who have to put up with my inability to relax and sleep, and constant alarming falls and injuries, keep watching that GPS tracker ladies..thanks for all you do.
And I was going to include that picture of us on the couch together. But damn girls, you were both having a bad hair day. Way to ruin my awesome babyness....👩‍❤️‍👩👀😜😇😈😲👶🍼👣👣

We are family, I got all my sisters with me..
Copyright 2018 property of Bigfoot Mountain (tm)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...