You Had Me At.....Bigfoot

Everyone remembers the now famous line, “you had me at hello.” Women everywhere swooning for Tom Cruise in that scene. All the men wanting to hear that line said to them. Well,  I guess that line still works after all these years, because when I saw the title of the podcast, You had me at Bigfoot, they had me at...well, they had me at you had me. Between that title and the funny picture they advertised with, I knew I’d be hooked.





Now, I feel the need to warn you, this is not your mother’s podcast. And it does have an explicit content warning ⚠️ for listeners on iTunes. I’m not trying to hide anything here, and neither are they. Language and content does tend to get graphic. And I love every minute of it. Nothing like laughing so hard you snort out your soda, cringe, because you just know what they are going to say next, because you know what their thinking, and finally,  actually learning a new thing or two in the middle of it all.





Your two hosts for the evening, Tom and Dustin, have a good banter between them. They are both former military boys, Dustin active duty in Africa  for the National Guard and Tom in active duty in the Middle East, he can even track and has had survival training. They have seen their share. Their sound and music man, Jim, was also active duty in the Air Force. And I thank them all for their service. I’m currently working on extracting their promise to come rescue my lost butt in Vancouver. Boys, plan for it, it’s definitely going to happen. It’s not if, it’s when.


I had a few opportunities to talk with Tom (featured in the above picture) and Dustin. And I just had to ask. “What in the hell made you pick that awesome name?”  Their answer, Tom was talking to a friend of his, Chet, about a different project, and the friend interrupted to tell him, “you had me at Bigfoot”. That project was put off but the title Was repurposed fot their current podcast. And I’m glad they did.





Now, I don’t want to mislead you into thinking that the show is solely about the big guy. Each episode is different. It’s You Had Me At....sexsquatch, wizards, and psychics, etc. Something for everyone. The episode quoted above, You Had me at Wizards, with Dave Outlandish (whom I had to follow on Instagram after this show, because he was great) a Wizard, as their guest. Did give me some whole new perspectives on demon possession. As partly quoted above. Here is the whole quote,

   



If there truly is demon possession, which, if you’re asking I do believe there is, than that quote, though hilarious, makes perfect sense. It also makes people spew ice coffee everywhere including out their nose, while laughing. But if that quote offends you, then this podcast probably isn’t for you, and they are okay with that. Trolls need not apply. Another interesting episode is, You Had me at Sexsquatch, and well,  that is some seriously awesome click bait right there. I just had to hear it. Their guest for that, Mattsquatch Presents (someone else you should definitely check out if you haven’t yet on YouTube). And that episode is exactly what you think it’s about. And if you aren’t sure what it’s about? Again, this podcast is not for you..


The boys have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channel. But their recent edition is Periscope(which I am still trying to figure out, but I did find them). They are able to go live with this platform. (And eventually YouTube too, after they hit a certain number of subscribers). So, I watched my first Periscope live episode. I had literally just finished downloading the app, finding them and setting up notifications for them, when it went off. It opened right to them and I had an immediate panic attack. I literally X'ed right out, because I was like, can they see me? Lol. I truly thought for a moment they could.  I’m like, Jesus! I have no makeup on, my glasses, this isn’t happening! Then I realized they couldn’t (of course I still had to double check and ask them immediately following the show). Hey, if anyone could prank me, I’m sure these two could and would do it. Then they talked about my blog which was very sweet. But when they asked a question, I couldn’t find the damn keyboard! Sorry boys, I wasn’t really trying to make you squirm. I totally would do that to you now. But I didn’t that time.😊😜 needless to say Periscope and I need a few minutes together alone.


The boys have future plans for Periscope and YouTube live. They will take their show on the road. They will film ghost hunts, squatch hunts, you name it, they will probably try it. Their next episode coming up is, You Had me at Roswell. And they have episodes available to listen to every Tuesday.


So, even though it may not be your mom’s podcast, it very well might be yours. But you won’t know 'til you check them out..


A few episodes to get you started:


You Had Me At Slenderman


https://youtu.be/27BU2qws8MM


You Had Me At Sexsquatch


https://youtu.be/brNT3UJlj1w


You Had Me At Wizard


https://youtu.be/YLHq1Vu6rFg


You Had Me At Hello from movie, Jerry Mguire


Photos provided directly from You Had Me at Bigfoot


Copyright 2018, property of Bigfoot Mountain (tm) all rights reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Does Exist..The Semi-Autobiographical Tale of Dyatlov Pass

A Moment with a Monster 

Booger Funnels...